Kitchen Fire in the 300 Block of Springloch Rd. Small fire on top of stove w/ extension into cabinets. Fire was extinguished by homeowner. Approximate loss: $5,000
House Fire - Reported fire in the attic in the 400 Block of Autum Wind Way. Fire Units on the scene confirm fire in the attic. Fire quickly brought under control. No injuries to occupants or fire and rescue personnel. Damage estimated @ $25K for the structure and $10K for contents in the house.
18600 block of Barnesville Road - Report of a large barn on fire threatening to spread to the house. Fire units arrived to find a large barn fully involved in fire and not threatening the home. Operation declared to be defensive only (meaning no fire fighters would go inside barn). No reported injuries or displacements, cause of fire and dollar loss TBD
Fire in basement of a Townhouse. 12900 block of Pickering Dr. Engine Company 729 found a small fire in the basement. The cause was combustibles too close to the furnace that then caught fire.
Fire in a building in a compactor unit at the Transfer Station 16100 block of Frederick Road. Fire was found in the compactor. Trash was pushed from the compactor to an open top trailer and then moved to one side of the building and dumped where the fire was extinguished with Aerial Tower 708’s ladder pipe. There was one Fire Fighter injury with a back strain. Fire Fighter transported to hospital for treatment.
2nd Alarm House Fire in the 300 Block of Market Street. Fire Fighters arrived on scene and found 2 abandoned residential structures fully involved in fire. First arriving Command Officer immediately called for the 2nd Alarm. After 2 hours of external fire fighting operations, incident was brought under control. One Fire Fighter was injured. Total loss of structures was $900K.
Fire on the deck of a house in the 18200 Block of Rolling Meadow Way. Fire started when occupants had a fire on the stove and removed a pot to the deck where it eventually started a fire there. $3K damage to the structure and $3K for the contents. No injuries.
House Fire in the 8900 Block of Emory Grove Rd. 911 call came in as a chimney fire. MCFRS Units arrived on the scene and found extension/heavy fire through entire attic. There were no injuries and fire loss to the home was estimated at $130K.
House Fire in the 19100 Block of Rhodes Way. MCFRS Units arrived and found heavy fire conditions in a garage attached to the house. Fire was starting to extend into the house. One Fire Fighter was injured and the total dollar loss is pending.
Gas Leak in the 800 Block of Russell Ave. 2-inch gas line struck near Costco causing major gas leak. Situation quickly brought under control.
Kitchen Fire in the 400 Block of N. Summit Ave. MCFRS Units dispatched for an odor of smoke in the hallway. Fire Fighters found food on the stove in a 2nd floor apartment with an unconscious adult female on the kitchen floor and a 5 year old female in a back bedroom. Adult turned out to be under the influence and left in custody of MC Police. The child was transported to hospital for check up due to smoke inhalation.